Although many doctors and scientists have identified various aspects of diabetes, such as ball foot pain and nerve neuropathy, the remaining facts are still unreachable by the newest technology even now. Specific associations of the disease with other known disorders are not yet well determined. For instance, sleep apnea syndrome has not found its connection with diabetes despite the fact that it is a strong risk for cardiovascular diseases like the latter. Thus, there is still a need for further study and documentation of diabetes and its relation to other complications.
Diabetic feet complications are a common symptom due to the damaged nreves often associated with diabetes. The injured nerves stop the proper circulation of blood that can sometimes result in amputations. Diabetics suffer from rigid joints and they are susceptible to bleeding because of the decreased ability of clotting in the blood. This means that wounds heal at slower than the normal pace. People such as this often wound their feet as a cause of slow nerve function. They would normally feel numb and such a loss of sensation could conceal the serious need for antibiotics or ointments to deal with the wounds. With this, the feet might not be cured at all or at the worst point, as a last result, might be amputated to impede the spread of the infection throughout the other areas of the body.
Here are some suggestions on ways to monitor the condition of your feet if you are suffering from diabetes:
1. Take a thorough look at the feet’s condition always. Checking the feet daily is a way to make sure that a diabetic has no cuts or wounds to worry about. Noticing the problems beforehand can stop further worsening of the situation.
2. Discuss with your doctors if any foot problems are discovered. Consulting the aid of a professional is the best way to identify the problem and they would normally provide diabetics medication. If problem areas are ignored, this may lead to further complications in coming days.
3. Sport the correct footwear for diabetics. These are strategies to sustain the body’s weight which is otherwise all exerted towards the feet. Medical professionals should be consulted on what footwear would serve best.
4. Clean and dry feet at all times. Washing and drying the feet is an effective way to avoid injuries that can lead to infections.
5. Coordinate with your doctors to know the diabetes treatment that is efficient for you. Conditions may vary from one patient to another, that’s why, it is a must to determine which is the correct treatment to be applied to you.